The Borough of Blawnox commissioned a feasibility study for a new Municipal Building, including a new Fire Department to replace their 1930’s era existing building. When problems arose in acquiring the land for new construction, the Borough commissioned a new study for an addition and renovation to the existing building. This project also proved too costly for the Borough to finance.
The Borough then elected to construct a separate, free-standing Fire Department Building on the property next door to the Municipal Building. This project consisted of construction of a new two story building with a new Fire Garage accommodating one fire truck, one pumper truck, and future ladder truck. Space also was built to accommodate two Super Duty Pick-ups and two River Rescue Jet Ski’s used by the Department. The floor was reinforced to provide space for a municipal garage and parking of another pick-up on the lower floor. The building also includes a new alert tower, dispatch area, offices, and a recreation/meeting room with a kitchen.